1. In a bowl, take besan and suji mix well. Start adding water little by little . Make a batter using hand mixer or whisk. Once it is flowy keep aside .
2. In a kadhai take ghee. Put on the flame. Once it is hot, reduce the flame to medium low. Take a fine sieve/ grater like the one used for grating ginger finely. Place it on a tall container placed right beside the kadhai.
3. No pour a tbsp of batter on the grater and tap a few times on the container. Place it in such a way that the batter flows through grater and goes straight into the ghee. This will puff up instantly.
4. Let cook for 30 seconds. Take out of the kadhai. Keep on a jalli . Repeat till your batter is finished. Transfer the boondi in a plate and let it cool fully.
5. After it is cool. Crush the boondi by hands into fine granules.
6. In a kadhai take sugar water and saffron , bring it to boil reduce heat add cardamom powder. Add boondi and stir on a low flame for 3 to 5 minutes. Boondi will soak the chasni and when no separation is visible between chasni and boondi and mixture starts thickening up .
7. Switch off flame. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes. After ten minutes take it out on a plate. Let it cool a little bit .
8. When it is warm to touch , grease hands with ghee and make ladoos. It will be quite moist. Keep the laddos for 30 minutes on counter or in fridge. I kept in fridge. Remove and make tight balls again. Garnish and serve.