Preheat oven at 170 degree Celsius for 15 minutes with both rod on or convention mode
Dry roast finger millet /ragi on a low flame for 5 minutes. Keep stirring continuously to prevent burning.
In a bowl, mix dates paste and mashed sweet potatoes. Mix it very well.
Add in vanilla and water whisk everything well.
Sieve ragi /finger millet flour, baking powder, baking soda ,salt and jaggery powder in the wet ingredients.
Mix everything well.
Pour in oil greased baking tin. Top with chopped nuts.
Place in middle rack with both rods on in oven at 170 degree C for 50 to 60 minutes till the toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the Bread.
Take the tin out of oven and cover with foil paper, Let it cool in the tin for 40 minutes
Invest after 40 minutes on a wire rack.(See notes )
Let cool fully, slice and enjoy the bread.
1. To make dates paste – Take 120 grams dates and pour ½ cup hot water on it. Let sit for 20 minutes till dates are soft and make a paste in mixer.
2. To make sweet potato paste – Boil sweet potatoes (about 3 in number), mash well using fork or make a puree in mixer.
3. Pumpkin puree can also be used in place of sweet potatoes.
4. The bread is mildly sweet( like a banana bread) You can increase the quantity of jaggery powder by ¼ C for more sweetness.
5. If after demoulding bread, you feel it is still not baked properly then place again in the middle rack on wire tray at 180 degree C for 6 to 10 minutes.
Serving Size 1